Today, photos of Jen of the Oakland Raiderettes, with a few fun facts, designed to delight and amaze:
1. Jen is in her second season with the Raiderettes
2. Jen is from Santa Cruz
3. Santa cruises on Christmas Eve guided by flying reindeer
4. L. Frank Baum’s The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus, a 1902 children’s book, further popularized Santa Claus. Much of Santa Claus’s mythos was not set in stone at the time, leaving Baum to include ten reindeer—who could not fly, but leapt in enormous, flight-like bounds. Flossie and Glossie are Santa’s principal reindeer in Baum’s story. Claus gathers eight more reindeer, named in rhyming pairs: Racer, Pacer, Fearless, Peerless, Ready, Steady, Feckless, and Speckless. L. Frank Baum knew his Oz, but he was a bit off on his reindeer! Come on L. Frank!
5. Jen flies through the air snowboarding in Tahoe and Vail
6. Jen met her husband eight years ago
7. The 1956 popular song by George Melachrino, “Mrs. Santa Claus”, and the 1963 children’s book How Mrs. Santa Claus Saved Christmas, by Phyllis McGinley, helped standardize and establish the character and role of Mrs. Claus in the popular imagination.
8. Last December, Jen and fellow Raiderettes Ashley, Bess, and Jalina visited China, and Jen blogged from Shanghai
9. Shanghai Surprise is a 1986 British adventure comedy film starring then-newlyweds Sean Penn and Madonna.
10. The movie was panned by critics and failed at the box office. It was nominated for five Golden Raspberry Awards, “winning” one of them, Worst Actress for Madonna.
11. According to Google Translate, Football’s Fabulous Females in simplified Chinese is 足球的美妙女性
12. Jen and her husband love the outdoors and extreme sports
13. In fact, Jen hurt herself dirt biking in Hollister before her first Raiderette tryouts
14. Napoleon Dynamite’s grandmother broke her coccyx in a quad-bike accident and asked Uncle Rico to look after Napoleon and Kip while she recovered.
15. Uncle Rico said, “Back in ’82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.”
16. 1982 was the first year the Raiders played in LA and the year they drafted Marcus Allen
More photos of lovely Jen are available at the Continue link and even more at this link…
Join the NY York Lizards Dance Team for the 2014 Major League Lacrosse season…
Have you ever imagined yourself dancing in front of thousands of fans for a professional sports team? Now, could be your chance. The NY Lizards Dance Team, the professional dance team for the NY Lizards (formerly Long Island Lizards) will be holding auditions for their 2013 MLL season. The team will dance center field at Lizards home games and at various other public appearances.
The NY Lizards Dance Team is under direction of Paula Sanders, a former Knicks City Dancer, professional dancer and choreographer. Her credits include Pitbull, Neyo, Melissa Gorga, Prince Royce and Wisin y Yandel. Last season Paula debuted as Director and brought the heat to the field with a new vibe and a totally new team.
We are looking for dancers who are talented, versatile, attractive, athletic, personable and poised to be great representatives of the NY Lizards Dance Team.
Auditions will be held on Saturday, January 18th at 1:00PM. They will take place at Pearl Studios, 519 8th Ave. (between 35th and 36th street) New York, NY 10018. Please check in on the 12th floor in Studio A at 12:30 PM. Call backs will be held on Sunday, January 19th.
- Must be over 18- please bring valid ID
- Must have technical dance training (ballet, jazz, contemporary) as well as proficient hip hop skills
- Tumbling is a plus but not required
- Dress the part. Please wear body conscious dance/workout wear. Full hair and make-up.
- Bring Kneepads
- Bring headshots and resume
All candidates must be available to attend 7 home games and one or two weekly evening practices starting in February. Games begin in April and run through the end of August.
Professional compensation will be provided for all games, appearances and practices.
To register, candidates should email PSanders@NYLizards.com.
Second year Lightning Girl, Alexis, has been busily filming out in California as a eligible bachelorette in the 18th edition of ABC’s THE BACHELOR. The show is due to air in January and the word is mum around the Tampa Bay Times Forum. I usually disappear to the man cave when my bride has that show on but I guess I’ll have to hang tough this year. The dedication I have to Tampa Cheerleaders–oh well.
Alexis is sweet, attractive and talented—nice combo. A tidbit from her bio is: Salutatorian of her High School, played fast pitch softball for 15 years as a pitcher and currently works in Public Relations.
Check out the intro video of Alexis and her teammates on the Lightning web page.
Alexis on opening night.
Alexis cheering on the Lightning.
Alexis volunteering during Tampa’s Heart Walk.
Holiday photo of Crystal, Courtney, Alexis and Alison. (credit: Scott Audette)
Former Arizona Cardinals Cheerleader and Miss Arizona USA Danielle Demski has carved out quite a successful career as a television host, actress and spokeswoman.
Danielle has appeared on NBC’s “Extra”, TV Guide Network’s “Hollywood 411”, is a regular panelist on “The Gossip Queens” on Logo Network, and a regular contributor for “Epix News” produced by Lionsgate Entertainment. Additionally, Danielle has been featured in roles on “CSI: Miami” on CBS, “Saving Grace” on TNT, “Blue Lagoon” on LifeTime, and in a starring role on the weekly, comedic, web-series, “LA Social.”
Back in October she landed her highest profile gig yet when became the lead model on CBS’s Let’s Make a Deal hosted by Wayne Brady. [Danielle Demski on Twitter]
The KISS Girls made their first team appearance before the Anaheim Ducks game last night, as part of the “25 Days of LA KISS-mas” campaign. (Check out the KISS-mas tree in the background!)
Hahahahahahahahah....Just kidding. These are four of the Anaheim Ducks Power Players, all KISS-ed out at last nights Ducks game, where LA KISS co-owners Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley debuted the official LA KISS football jerseys.
Power Players hanging with Paul and Gene
LA dancers, this could be you in just a few months! (Probably without the face paint, although one never knows…)
For those of you on the edge of your seats, awaiting news on this team…all I can tell you is that the team is currently interviewing candidates for the dance team director/coordinator. Hopefully they will have someone on board soon, and that person will have to hit the ground running.
I predict auditions will be in about six weeks, although I don’t know how much notice there will be. That seems like a long way off, but it means you have some time to get it together. Whatever you need to do to preserve/upgrade your sexy, start doing it now. If you’ve been out of the game for a while, get back in it. Hit the gym, hit the dance studio, eat clean, chug water, take your vitamins, read up on the team, do whatever you need to do so you can walk into that audition looking and feeling like YOU GOT THIS. Think about who will be standing to your right and left on audition day, and get to work.