OAKLAND, Calif. – The Golden State Warriors are expanding the Warriors Dance Team to include male dancers during select performances of the 2019-20 season. The team will continue to be headlined by the all-female “Gold Squad” which will perform at every Warriors home game, while the all-male “Blue Crew” will perform alongside the female dancers at 15 select home games. In addition, in-game entertainment will include crossover performances featuring all teams in the dance program, including the Warriors Dance Team, Golden State Breakers, Hardwood Classics and Jr. Jam Squad.
Audition information is listed below:
Warriors Dance Team Gold Squad (Women ages 18 and up)
- Preparatory Class – Wednesday, July 10 at 8 p.m. at the Bay Club in Walnut Creek (2805 Jones Road)
- Preliminary Auditions – Saturday, July 13 at 11 a.m. at the Rakuten Performance Center in Oakland (1011 Broadway)
- Final Auditions – Thursday, July 18
Warriors Dance Team Blue Crew (Men ages 18 and up)
- Preparatory Classes – Wednesday, July 10 at 8 p.m. and Tuesday, July 23 at 9 p.m. at the Bay Club in Walnut Creek
- Auditions – Saturday, August 10 at 2:30 p.m. at the Ultimate Fieldhouse in Walnut Creek (2675 Mitchell Drive)
Hardwood Classics (Ages 55 and up)
- Preparatory Class – Wednesday, July 31 at 8 p.m. at the Bay Club in Walnut Creek
- Auditions – Sunday, August 11 at 9:30 a.m. at The Ultimate Fieldhouse in Walnut Creek
Jr. Jam Squad (Ages 6-14)
- Preliminary Auditions – Saturday, August 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the Ultimate Fieldhouse
- Final Auditions – Tuesday, August 13 at 7:00 p.m. at the Ultimate Fieldhouse
GS Breakers (Ages 18 and up)
- Auditions – Sunday, August 11 at 3:00 p.m. at the Ultimate Fieldhouse in Walnut Creek
For additional information or to pre-register for preparatory classes and auditions, visit Warriors.com/danceteam.
For more information on the Golden State Warriors 2019-20 season presented by Kaiser Permanente, please visit warriors.com.
Saturday, July 13
10 a.m. Registration | 11 a.m. Audition
Rakuten Performance Center (Map/Directions)
Oakland, CA 94607
What do we look for in a Warriors Dance Team member?
- Technically talented dancer, entertainer
- Ambassador/Representative for the Golden State Warriors organization
- Positive, energetic, with a great personality
- Team player
- Must be 18 years of age by October 1, 2019. No exceptions will be made.
What commitment is required to be a Golden State Warriors Dance Team member?
- Attend and perform at all Golden State Warriors home games
- Able to attend rehearsals on: Monday evenings / Wednesday evenings / Thursday evenings. Additional rehearsals may be scheduled during the season for games, appearances, dance clinics, special events and playoffs.
- Available for personal appearances for:
- Media interviews
- Photo shoots
- Dance clinics
- Team bonding camp
What is the Golden State Warriors Dance Team audition process?
Auditions for the 2019-2020 Golden State Warriors Dance Team is a multi-step process. The process includes the following but is not limited to:
- Application submission
- Preliminary audition
- Boot camp
- Final audition
- WDT training camp
- Monday, July 8th: Final day to pre-register for auditions. At this time the application, resume, and head shot (5×7 or larger) must be submitted to the Warriors’ office at 1011 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94607. Walk-ins day of auditions will also be accepted.
- Saturday, July 13th: Preliminary auditions. Two-cuts will be made at the prelims. Candidates will learn a jazz and hip hop dance combination that will be performed in front of a panel of judges. At the end of the audition a group of finalists will be selected and continue to the finals.
- Finalist mandatory dates: Finalists selected on July 13th must be available from July 14-18 to attend the interview, boot camp and final auditions.
- July 14 – Interviews will be conducted from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- July 15- Bootcamp will be conducted from 7:30 p.m.- 10:30 p.m. *You’ll be learning a heels combination
- July 16 – Bootcamp will be conducted from 8:30 p.m.- 10:30 p.m.
- July 18 – Final Dance Eliminations will occur from 6 p.m.- 10 p.m.
- Training Assessment Camp – The selected final candidates will participate in a training camp beginning on August 1st with the final selection of the 2019-20 Warriors Dance Team members on August 15, 2019. Training camp rehearsal times will be on Monday’s (7:30-10:30pm), Wednesday’s (7:30-10:30pm) and Thursday’s (8:30-11:00pm)
Where will the preliminary auditions on July 13, 2019 be conducted?
Rakuten Performance Center
Oakland, CA, 94607
*Auditions are closed to the public
What should I wear to auditions?
- Two piece dance attire
- Non-marking shoes (Jazz, dance sneakers, athletic shoes)
- Bring ballroom dance heels or character shoes to finals
- Cover all visible tattoos
- Minimal jewelry
What should I bring to prelims?
- Application (Download), 5×7 head shot (non-returnable)
- Water and snacks
- Hair and make-up supplies
What can I do to prepare for auditions?
Warriors Dance Team prep classes are not mandatory but recommended as an excellent way to hone your dance skills and learn what it takes to be a GSW Dance Team member! Each workshop costs $30.00. Space is limited.
The 120-minute session includes:
- Warriors Dance Team choreography style
- Audition advice and tips
- Q&A with Warriors Dance Team Director Sabrina Ellison
- Attire: workout/dance attire and non-marking shoes
Prep Class Parking Options:
- Renaissance Valet Parking: $5/hour
- Street Parking on Jones St.
- BART Parking at the Pleasant Hill Station off Treat Blvd across the street from Renaissance Club Sport Walnut Creek
For more information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com