Audition Dates & Times:
- Pre – Audition Workshop (optional): Friday, June 1 Lloyd Center LA Fitness
- Pre – Audition Workshop (optional): Sunday, June 3 – Moshofsky Center – University of Oregon
- Preliminary Rounds: Sunday, July 8 – Portland Community College (PCC) – Sylvania Campus – Health Technology Building. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. Auditions to immediately follow registration.
- Finalist Interviews: July 9 – 11 – Moda Center. Finalist Interview times TBD
- Final Round: weekend of July 14. Dancers report for the Finals at approximately noon.
*There will be a mandatory practice for all Finalists prior to Finals. Date and time TBD. We’ll update this information as soon as it is confirmed.
- Must be 18 years of age by October 1, 2018
- BlazerDancers must attend all practices, games, training camps and mandatory Portland Trail Blazers events. BlazerDancer duties include community service events, appearances and photo shoots.
- Must be able to attend practices every Thursday and Sunday evening (beginning in mid-August; times TBD). Additional practices may be added throughout the season.
- Must have reliable transportation to practices, games, appearances, etc. Must meet and maintain dancing skill requirements, personal appearance and fitness level throughout the season.
- Must abide by the other Terms and Conditions included with application materials.
What to Wear:
A two-piece dance outfit (flesh-colored tights are permitted). No baggy clothing other than during the hip hop round. You may wear loose fitting pants or sweats for the hip hop routine during prelims. You may also wear any kind of dance shoe, sneakers or perform barefoot. Please make sure shoes have non-marking soles.
Game-night ready hair and make-up expected.
What to Bring:
- In the interest of time, we encourage participants to bring their completed and signed Application, waiver, and terms and conditions forms. Applicants under the age of 18 at the time of auditions must have a parent or guardian sign the forms.
- A current head shot photo as well as full body photo of yourself (at least 4×6; does not need to be professional but must be clear and contain only the audition participant). Photos are used for identification purposes and will not be returned.
- Snacks, water, make-up or hair products for touch ups. Please note that there is no extended lunch break. There will be breaks but not long enough to leave the site for food.
What to Expect:
Preliminary rounds of auditions are closed and spectators will not be allowed in the gymnasium. Score sheets and judges’ comments will not be made available. The Final Round is open to spectators and Finalists will receive a limited number of tickets for friends and family. Portions of Auditions are expected to be filmed for trailblazers.com.
During the preliminary rounds, dancers will learn several routines and perform them in small groups in front of a panel of judges. The judges will make cuts after each routine. Approximately 30-40 Finalists will be selected at the end of the Preliminary Rounds to continue to the Finals. Dancers who make it to the Final Round will learn at least two routines to perform and will be required to perform a 1-minute solo routine showcasing their dance ability and personality. Finalists will also be required to come in for interviews July 9th, 10th or 11th.
Pre – Audition Workshops:
Portland Workshop – Friday, June 1st at 6:00 pm
Eugene Workshop – Sunday, June 3rd at 10:00 am
Dancers will have the opportunity to participate in a mock-audition; learning combinations in the style of dance that will be taught at Auditions.
- Participation in either Workshop will give you an automatic bid to the 2nd Round of Auditions
- Workshop will feature Q&A session with Performance Teams Manager and current BlazerDancers, as well as audition tips on performances, outfit selection, hair and make-up, what to expect, etc.
- $25 registration fee (cash only)
- Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s a wonderful time of the year with the rare confluence of professional football, baseball, basketball and hockey. One thing all these sports have in common is…cheerleaders. And Halloween brings out the best in terms of fun and creativity. So let’s take a look at what our beloved cheerleaders and dancers are doing to celebrate this venerable and festive holiday.
Isn’t social media wonderful?