The Chicago Steam is a franchise of the American Basketball Association and is based in the Chicago Southland. The team played its first season in 2008, and this year they’re adding a dance team to their organization. Get ready, because auditions are THIS WEEKEND.
Calling all Dancers, Cheerleaders, & Models!
We are holding auditions (part 2) for the Chicago Steam Dance Team
- Perform for Chicago Steam Basketball team(s) home games!
- Make personal appearances throughout the community!
- Receive dance training!
- Bring smiles to fans of all ages!
- Make new and lifelong friends!
Auditions will take place on Sunday January 31st 2010 @ 2:30pm
Registration begins at 2:15
Location: South Suburban College (Physical Fitness Center)
15800 State Street, South Holland, IL
What to Bring
- Photo ID and a copy for our records.
- Two photos of yourself: a head-shot/photo (4×6 or larger), and a full length body photo. (Photos will not be returned)
- Completed application form. Applications can be obtained by emailing Candace Marquez (Dance Director/Coach) and Brittany Beach (Co-Dance Director/Coach) at email@example.com
- Participants may register at the door for a registration fee of $10 (cash only).
- Professional and/or dance resumes will be accepted along with a completed audition application, but ARE NOT required.
General Information & Requirements:
- Candidates must be at least (21) years of age and must be a high school graduate or have a GED by the audition date in order to participate. No exceptions will be made.
- There is no maximum age limit and we do not have a weight or height requirement. But must be height/weight proportionate/attractive!
- Auditions will NOT be open for public viewing. Only participants and authorized personnel will be permitted into the audition facility. FAMILY & FRIENDS CANNOT ATTEND AUDITIONS!
- Candidates must live in (or relocate to) the Chicagoland area and have reliable transportation.
- Candidates must be available for all rehearsals, Chicago Steam promotional appearances, and home games.
Attire & Appearance
- Wear ALL BLACK workout attire (yoga pants, tanks and/or sports bras, clothing should be form fitting)
- Wear non-marking dance/tennis shoes (any color)
- Your outfit should compliment your figure (should not include rhinestones/glitter, etc).
- Your hair MUST be styled and make-up should be done in a “glamourous” fashion.
- A neat and polished appearance is best…. BE “performance” ready!!!
What to Expect
Be prepared to perform your own dance routine (45 seconds to a 1 minute maximum), music will be provided. The dance segment is to showcase your personal style or special talents. Also, a Q&A segment will take place with a small panel of judges. Tabulations will be made throughout the day and possibly two rounds of eliminations will take place. All dancers must be teachable, prompt, responsible, energetic and dedicated. You will be judged by your poise, confidence, dance ability, showmanship, appearance, application and level of physical fitness. By the end of the day, the Final Chicago Steam Dancers will be selected (unless announced otherwise).