When are the registration deadlines and audition dates?
Registration deadline is May 3, 2017
Preliminaries: May 6, 2017
Semi-finals: May 7, 2017
Interviews: May 12, 2017
Finals: May 13, 201
What is the audition process?
Auditions are a multi-step process beginning with Application, Preliminary Audition, Semi-Final Audition, Personal Interview, Written Test, and Final Talent Auditions follow for selected candidates. The DCC Training Camp Candidates will be selected from participants in the Finals. Each day will begin at 8:00am. DO NOT BE LATE! Plan on spending the whole day. Detailed information will be handed out to you each day at registration, but here is a brief overview:
Preliminary Dance Audition:
Candidates will have the opportunity to perform “freestyle” dance moves in groups of 5 for the judging panel. At the end of the performances, the judges selections for Callbacks will be posted.
Semi Final Dance Audition:
- Learn a dance combination and kickline. (You will be expected to perform the dance combination and kickline many times throughout the rest of the audition process)
- Candidates will perform the dance combination and kickline in groups of 5
- Written test: A test on general knowledge about the Dallas Cowboys Organization, the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders history, the National Football League, current events, and dance terminology.
- Judges retire to make Finalist selections
- Announce Finalists
- Finalists have a brief meeting with Cheerleader Director, Kelli McGonagill Finglass to schedule their personal interview appointment and to discuss Final Audition Components: Solo Talent Presentation, Written Essay, Panel Interview and Test
- Panel interview with the judges. Candidates will participate in an interactive interview with selected judges from the Judging Panel.
- Perform a ninety second individual talent presentation, (e.g. – singing, dancing, dramatic interpretation). This will be your opportunity to impress the judges with your creativity and talent. All finalists will be responsible for emailing their music at the appropriate time. In addition, please bring a CD backup to the final audition. You may wear whatever costume design you wish to enhance and complement your performance. If your talent is singing, make sure there are no lead vocals on your musical accompaniment track. Please note: hand-held props only; do not incorporate the use of a chair in your choreography.
- Perform the dance combination and kickline taught previously at Semis in groups of 5 for the judges panel.
- Judges retire to make selection for DCC Summer Training Camp Candidates.
- Announce Training Camp Candidates.
- Training Camp Candidates stay for a brief meeting with Director, Kelli McGonagill Finglass.
What should I wear to auditions?
You should wear:
- 2-piece attire:Top: Dance/Athletic Bra TopBottom: Hot Pants (No Tank Tops or Bike Shorts)
- Skin colored Dance Tights (non-shimmery)
- Any type of dance shoes (for example: jazz, ballet, character, split sole Dansneakers by Capezio, etc…)
Where can we find audition attire?
Audition attire can be found in dance wear stores, or ordered online. Link to a company we recommend here: http://thelineupstore.com/Shop-Online/Tryout-and-Apparel Use promo code: COWBOYS for 10% off!
What does it take to become a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader?
Our judges will focus on the following:
- Dance Technique
- Personal Appearance
- High Kicks
For more information, please click here.
The Houston Texans Cheerleaders held their preliminary auditions this past weekend and they have posted several galleries from their event. Please click here, here, and here to view their galleries.
Introducing the 2017 Washington Redskins Cheerleaders Captains.
The Washington Redskins Cheerleaders have posted a gallery of 190 images from Day 1 of their 2017 open call auditions, which were held Saturday, April 1. Click here to see the gallery.
Our good friend from the Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders, Polly Sayer, was at their open call auditions this past weekend as a judge and she has sent us some photos from the event.
Votes from the DolFans have been tallied and Monica wins the annual Dolphins Cheerleader showdown. MDC alum Lily is the runner-up for the second consecutive year.
Congrats out to Monica and Lily.
Hopefully Monica will return for a fifth year
Monica’s profile on Dolphins.com.
The Los Angeles Rams held their final auditions for their 2017 cheerleading squad at USC’s Bovard Auditorium Sunday. At the conclusion of the event, the 2017 squad was announced.
And a special congratulations to the six former Ladies of Ontario Fury (Stephanie, Veronica, Courtney, Sativa-Skye, Alex and Madison) who made the team.
It’s audition season and if you are still looking for an outfit, Simma Wear is offering free shipping this weekend.
FREE 3 DAY SHIPPING 3/31-4/2 ON ALL US ORDERS OVER $60.
USE PROMO CODE: SHIP4FREE60
You want it…go get it! As we continue to make our way through NFL audition season, we want you to feel your best! The least we can do is offer free shipping. You came this far, don’t let the wrong audition outfit keep you from making a team!
Pop Dance Life is a new, first of it’s kind dance variety-esque and talk show about dance for dancers. It is hosted by Pussycat Doll, Singer, Dancer and Host Carmit Bachar and Dancer, Actress, Host Chieko Hidaka.
“We created it because we saw there was a hole telling dancers’ stories and with all of the dance competition shows, we felt there was something lacking in the conversation… the dancers and choreographers. To that end, we started this series where we have a staple segments such as dance news, sharing a great dance video we’d like to shed some light on, featured guests and dance comedy segments with rotating segments like dance-specific cross training, dance fashion or dance history segments on a rotating basis.”
Guests to date have included:
•Brian Friedman (SYTYCD, The X-Factor, Britney Spears)
•Tiffany Maher (VH1’s Hit The Floor, J.Lo) & Tony Bellissimo (Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake)
•Larsen Thompson (Pit Bull, Christina Aguilera, katy Perry, The Voice)
•The choreography team behind Magic Mike (as well ABDC and all-girl breaking crew members The Beat Freaks) Alison Faulk, Teresa Espinosa & Luke Broadlick (not part of the Beat Freaks because he’s a guy 😉
•Allison Holker (Dancing With The Stars, SYTYCD)
“…and coming up is Kevin Stea – the guy who has been at it for 25 years, has worked with everyone you could imagine, is an amazing person and is going to give some sage, great advice to the viewers. Plus the documentary that he’s in, Strike A Pose is coming out on Netflix next week. It follows the dancers from Madonna’s famed, Blonde Ambition tour 25 years later and is an amazing film on the lives of these dancers after the tour and how it impacted their lives moving forward.”
“We do dance history segments in the hopes of educating younger dancers about those who came before them and how their work impacted the dance world and the world at large. Our first segment in episode 1 was on Vincent Paterson (Madonna, Michael Jackson, Cirque, The Birdcage) and our latest was on Gregory Hines.”
Producer and Co-Creator
INSTAGRAM • @popdancelifeofficial
TWITTER • @popdancelife
The online voting is completed and Annie has been selected in the model search to represent the 2017 face for the House of the Angela King Designs, Inc. Congrats to everyone.
Annie 2016 rookie year
Annie during calendar shoot
Check out angelakingdesigns on facebook.