First Round Audition: Saturday, July 22, 2017
- Registration at 9am
- Audition begins promptly at 10am
- Located inside the Magic Gym at RDV Sportsplex (8701 Maitland Summit Blvd, Orlando, 32810 – 407-916-2442)
- Please bring headshot, full-body shot, resume and $25 application fee
- First round is closed to the public, family, and friends.
- All participants must be prepared to stay as late as 8 p.m. (no exceptions).
- You will not need to prepare your own performance routine.
- The first round will consist of a series of 2-3 eliminations that will include freestyle, jazz technique, and hip-hop choreography.
- A maximum of 30 finalists will advance at the end of this day.
- We recommend that you bring snacks, a water bottle, a towel, and items to freshen up between rounds.
- Participants will be judged on appearance, fitness, dance ability, style, strength and completion of movement, energy, projection, and potential.
- Female Dancers who are 18 years of age or older by the audition date.
- Must have previous dance training and experience in jazz and hip-hop. Tumbling skills a bonus, but not required.
- Must be available for all phases of the audition process and be prepared to stay as long as necessary (no exceptions).
- Must provide one non-returnable headshot and one non-returnable full-body shot (5″x7″ or larger preferred). Photos are used for identification purposes.
- Professional photo is not mandatory. Photos should be a current representation of what you look like or will look like at the audition.
- Must provide a current dance and professional resume (if applicable).
- Must be of good moral character and successfully complete all pre-employment screening. RDV Sports is a drug-free workplace.
- Must live in Central Florida or be willing to relocate.
- Must have dependable transportation to rehearsals, games, and appearances.
- Must have a flexible schedule and the ability to commit to the Magic Dancers’ schedule, which includes but is not limited to attendance at all rehearsals, all designated home games, community, charitable, and corporate event appearances for ONE FULL YEAR. If you cannot commit for the next year, please do not audition.
- Dance or athletic half-top (stomach must be showing)
- Hot pants, dance trunks, or shorts (no full or capri length pants)
- Dance sneakers, tennis shoes, or jazz shoes with non-marking soles
- Flesh tone hose, tights, or fishnets
- Performance ready hair and make-up
What we’re looking for:
- Showmanship, personality, energy, and enthusiasm!
- Professionalism and maturity
- Dancers who are well-spoken and can represent the Orlando Magic in a professional manner at all times
- Dance technique and style
- Ability to pick up dance choreography quickly
- Consistent positive attitude
- Strong teamwork skills
- Physical fitness and personal appearance
- Ability and desire to commit to the job for ONE FULL YEAR
- A maximum of 20 team members for the 2017-18 season
For more information, please click here.