Do you have what it takes to join our first-ever Cavs PowerHouse Dance Team?
The Cavs PowerHouse is a precision dance group open to both men and women performers. This is a competitive level team featuring tricks, tumbling and extremely dynamic choreography. The Cavs PowerHouse will debut their unique, show-stopping and buzz-creating performances this upcoming season!
QUALIFICATIONS FOR AUDITIONS:
- All candidates must be 18 years of age or older by July 23rd 2019.
- All candidates will be asked to demonstrate dance, performance and speaking skills.
- Candidates must be willing to devote a LARGE percentage of time to the PowerHouse program, including team practices twice a week, all Cavs home games, community/charitable events and special projects in and around the Cleveland area.
First Round Audition, Day 1:
- Date: July 20th, 2019
- Registration begins at 10:00am
- The first round will consist of 2 eliminations that will include an across-the-floor pass and hip-hop choreography
- All auditions are closed to the public
Second Round Audition, Day 2:
- Date: July 21st, 2019
- Arrival Time 12:00pm
- The second round will consist of 1 elimination that will include the hip hop choreography from the previous day, and a freestyle/ solo audition. The freestyle/ solo audition will consist of 6-8 eight counts of your own freestyle/ and or choreography highlighting your strengths. Music will be provided
- A maximum of 30 finalists will advance past this day
Finalist Training Camp:
- Date: July 22nd and 23rd, 2019
- Finalists will learn new choreography and review choreography learned from audition day 1
- Technique and skill levels will be assessed
- Ability to work with others, work ethic, and attitude will be assessed
- Each finalist will be interviewed and assessed on their impression, presence, maturity, and ability to commit to the schedule and position
**Walk-Ins will be accepted the day of, but pre-registration is strongly encouraged! **
Pre- Registration Application Deadline – Wednesday, July 17th, 2019
QUESTIONS AND/OR COMMENTS:
For any questions and/or comments about Cavs Powerhouse Dance Audition, please contact Katie Gibbons at email@example.com
Please attend in comfortable dance clothing that will allow you to tackle different styles, technique and potentially tricks or tumbling. Feel free to showcase your style and personality through your audition attire. Crop tops and/ or short shorts are not a requirement.