2019-20 Auditions –Preliminary Rounds
Sunday, July 28
PCC Sylvania Campus – Health Technology Building
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. Auditions to immediately follow registration.
What To Wear
Please wear two-piece athletic wear. Tights are permitted. You may wear any kind of dance shoe, sneakers or perform barefoot. Please make sure shoes have non-marking soles. Game Day look expected.
What To Bring
In the interest of time, we encourage participants to bring their completed and signed Application and waiver forms.
- Applicants under the age of 18 at the time of Auditions must have a parent or guardian sign the forms.
- A current head shot as well as full body photo of yourself (at least 4×6; does not need to be professional but must be clear and contain only the audition participant). Photos are used for identification purposes and will not be returned.
- Snacks, water, make-up or hair products for touch ups. Please note that there is no extended lunch break. There will be breaks but not long enough to leave the site for food.
What To Expect
Preliminary rounds of auditions are closed and spectators will not be allowed in the gymnasium. Score sheets and judges’ comments will not be made available. The Final Round is open to spectators and Finalists will receive a limited number of tickets for friends and family. Portions of Auditions are expected to be filmed for www.trailblazers.com and social media.
During the preliminary rounds, dancers will learn several routines and perform them in small groups in front of a panel of judges. The judges will make cuts after each routine. Approximately 30-40 Finalists will be selected at the end of the Preliminary Rounds to continue to the Finals. Dancers who make it to the Final Round will learn at least two routines to perform and will be required to perform a 1-minute solo routine showcasing their dance ability and personality. Finalists will also be required to come in for interviews July 31 or August 1.
- Must be 18 years of age by October 1, 2019
- BlazerDancers must attend all practices, games, training camps and mandatory Portland Trail Blazers events. BlazerDancer duties include community service events, appearances and photo shoots.
- Must be able to attend practices every Thursday and Sunday evening (beginning mid-August, dates & times TBD). Additional practices may be added throughout the season.
- Must have reliable transportation to practices, games, appearances, etc. Must meet and maintain dancing skill requirements, personal appearance and fitness level throughout the season.
Click here for more information.