The Simma Wear Mini Dance Series & 2 Day Workshops brings not only our talented roster of former pro teachers, but top choreographers to you from the pro dance industry to multiple cities across the US. This program is a smaller version of our training program in dates but with the same amount of hours of training, which not only educates dancers on the pro world, but gives the appropriate feedback to advance as a dancer and/or prepare for a pro dance audition.
All mini series include 15% off Simma Wear and access to our community which provides feedback, tips, guidance to reach goals.
Los Angeles – 2 Day Workshop
Downtown Dance & Movement: 1144 S. Hope St, Los Angeles 90015
Sat, June 8th 10:30-3:30pm
Sun, June 9th 10:30-3:30pm
Click here for more information or to register.
Editor’s note: It’s audition season and for many, being cut is a part of the long process in becoming a professional cheerleader. The folks over at GameDayPrep365.com sent us some tips to share in the event the unfortunate happens.
How To Survive Audition Cuts
The Ambush Brigade Professional Dance Team
The Ambush Brigade perform innovative, high energy, choreographed dance routines to a wide variety of music during breaks in action at all St. Louis Ambush home games. We also make promotional and community service appearances at local and regional events throughout the year.
2019-2020 AUDITION PREP WORKSHOPS
(Workshops will be held at Steppin’ Up Dance Productions 1023 Cool Springs Industrial Dr., O’Fallon, Mo 63366)
Dance Technique Instruction with an Audition Style Combo
- Date: Saturday, May 4, 2019 / Time: 11am-1pm
- Cost: $20
Dance Technique instruction with an Audition Style Combo
- Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 / Time 7-9pm
- Cost: $20
Brigade Dance technique Instruction with Audition Routine
- Date: Saturday, May 18, 2019 / Time: 11am-2pm
- *First 4-8 counts of the audition routine will be taught
- *Q&A session
- *Participants will automatically be advanced through to the Semi-Finals
- Cost: *$35
FOR MORE AUDITION & TRYOUT INFORMATION, PLEASE CLICK HERE
Pre-auditions workshops are designed to prepare interested applicants for the auditions process and introduce potential candidates to the style of choreography performed by the Charger Girls. The choreography taught and material presented at each workshop will vary. Material presented will include application tips, suggested style guide, interview prep and more. Attendees will have the opportunity to speak with current Charger Girls team members, meet program partners and participate in a Q & A session with team director, Lisa Simmons. Participants can expect a supportive, non-competitive environment and will leave feeling more prepared and confident for the upcoming Charger Girls auditions.
Two Nights/One Great Way to Prepare For The Auditions
This two-night workshop is designed specifically to prepare prospective contestants for the audition process. Among the many advantages to attending the workshop is having the opportunity to learn the audition dance routine ahead of time & the ALL-NEW fitness portion of the competition which will be part of the Open Call audition. If you are serious about wanting to become an Eagles Cheerleader, don’t miss the chance to get a leg up on the competition!
Audition Prep Workshop
WHEN: 7-10 PM on Tuesday, March 12th and Thursday, March 14th
WHERE: Lincoln Financial Field (inside the club level)
ONLY $80 – by registering for this two-night workshop, your Open Call Audition registration fee is waived
What to expect on Tuesday Night:
- We will teach the Open Call Audition routine in-depth and the ALL-NEW fitness aspect of the competition which will be part of the Open Call Audition.
- You will work on showmanship, posture, musicality, and technique to refine your skills in order to perform the routine at the level that is expected at the Open Call Audition. Current members of the squad will also be available to demonstrate and assist.
There will also be a concentration on:
- Dance techniques to improve kicks, turns, and overall stage presentation
- Across the floor choreography
- Stretches that the Eagles Cheerleaders do to increase flexibility
- Eagles Cheerleaders dance warm-up
- Dance combinations in the style similar to the combinations that will be taught at the Semi-Final and Final Audition, which will be very beneficial for contestants that advance to those rounds.
On Thursday Night:
- Participate in a mock audition. This gives you the opportunity to rehearse the open call audition process in the actual audition room location (the Touchdown Club) without being judged. The mock audition will include practicing both the audition routine and the fitness aspect. Find out from the director how this year’s open call audition will be conducted, the criteria contestants will be evaluated on, and how this year’s scoring process works.
- Meet with 2018-2019 Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders during a conversational Q&A session to learn their audition tips and advice for a successful audition, including what to wear. Learn about the responsibilities of being an Eagles Cheerleader. They will answer any questions you may have and share their experiences including information about game day performances, public appearances, media interviews, rehearsals, photo sessions, goodwill military tours, and much more!
- Practice in front of the Eagles Cheerleaders Step & Repeat to prepare for the photo modeling that is part of the Semi-Final Audition. Consult with experts from Joseph Anthony Retreat Spa and Salon, the Preferred Salon of the Eagles Cheerleaders. These experts work with the Eagles Cheerleaders on game-days and photo-shoots and will help you put your best foot forward for the presence category.
- Tour the Eagles Cheerleaders Locker Room, Dance Studio, and sidelines of the field where the Eagles Cheerleaders perform on game days – envision yourself as a member of the squad!
For more information or to register, please click here.
Calling all aspiring professional cheerleaders and dancers in Florida and Georgia, the Real Deal Workshop is coming to Jacksonville on Sunday, March 24. Click here for more information or to register.
And don’t forget, the Houston Real Deal Workshop is on Sunday, March 10. Click here to register for the Houston Real Deal Workshop.
The Atlanta Hawks are looking for the most enthusiastic, personable dancers/cheerleaders to represent the team on and off the court! Attending this Prep Clinic will put you behind the scenes with the ATL Dancers and give you valuable information to prepare you for your audition!
Click on the image for more information.
2019 Houston Texans Cheerleader Prep Classes
$35 pre-registration fee includes:
(3) Exclusive Prep Classes taught by Houston Texans Cheerleader Coach with each class covering a different topic to prepare you for Tryout Day.
If you cannot make all (3) classes, you can pre-register per class for $15/each.
Please Note: If you do not pre-register, you can still attend class but will have to pay a registration fee of $20/class at the door.
Prep Class I – Preparing for Tryouts
Saturday, March 2
9:30 AM – 11:00 AM (check-in begins at 9:00 AM)
Prep Class II – Performance Tips
Thursday, March 7
7:00 PM – 8:30 PM (check-in begins at 6:30 PM)
Prep Class III – Tryout Day Musts
Saturday, March 16
9:30 AM – 11:00 AM (check-in begins at 9:00 AM).
To register for prep classes, please click here.
Use code: EARLYBIRD at check out for our $79 registration special
$99 regular / $119 at door
Space is limited
Check out the Real Deal Seminars.
Upcoming Cities: Jacksonville, Chicago & Reno
Get the inside tips from Industry Insiders on auditioning, tryout etiquette, and costume selection. Making your College or Pro team is one step away.
Get ahead of the game. Learn Pro & College Style dance combinations from Industry Leaders.
Our Real Deal Seminar is THE place to be seen! Face time with the decision makers of your next audition couldn’t be more fun.
Just like a job interview, first impressions are important. Learn how to stand out and get those votes.
Click here for more information.