The Boston Cannons Dancers are a professional dance team that performs at all Boston Cannons Home Games throughout the regular season. The squad was founded in 2002, one year after the Boston Cannon’s inaugural season, making them the longest standing Major League Lacrosse dance team in history.
Under the leadership of Director/Coach Ines Costa, the Dancers practice once a week on Monday nights for 3 hours. In addition to home games and practices, the Boston Cannons Dancers frequently appear in the community at various promotional opportunities and charity events.
Audition to become a dancer for Major League Lacrosse’s Boston Cannons!
- high school graduate or GED
- at least 18 years old at the time of audition
- possess dance/cheer experience
- be able to attend practice once a week from April-Aug 2020
- be able to attend home games from June-Aug 2020 in Quincy, MA
- if selected for the team, dancers must be able to attend a mandatory orientation that will take place at the Boston Cannons Main Office in Quincy on Wednesday April 15, 2020 from 6-8pm.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Check in from 12:30-1pm. The official audition process will begin promptly at 1pm and end no later than 5:30pm. Candidates will be judged on their technique, showmanship, enthusiasm, personality, personal appearance and fitness. The audition process will consist of four rounds; a short personal interview, an across-the-floor combination, a stylized jazz/pom/hip hop dance routine and an improvised solo. All music will be provided. Cuts will not be made the day of auditions. Current Dancers are expected to re-audition on a yearly basis. All dancers auditioning will be emailed regardless if they are selected for the team or not. Dancers are welcome to ask for feedback after the final team has been announced.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- neat workout attire in the form of shorts and a sports bra
- flesh-colored nylons or tights
- sneakers or jazz shoes
- makeup ‘game-day ready’ (think glam)
- hair down and ‘game-day ready’ (no pony tails or buns).
WHAT TO BRING:
- current 5×7 headshot (will not be returned)
- professional resume
- dance resume
- pen & planner
- warm up suit
- plenty to drink
- snacks and/or a lunch
- $30 registration fee ($25 for reauditioning dancers)
For questions regarding the audition process, please contact Ines Costa, Boston Cannons Dancers Director & Coach, at firstname.lastname@example.org.